9 Jan 2016 | No Comments | posted by admin | in Blog
Happy New Year
Tax season is just around the corner and we are prepared to offer you the same great service as we have in the past. Thank you for allowing Beasley & Bates to prepare your taxes and we hope for your continued confidence in our ability to serve you.
Although we have a few extra days to prepare this year, as our tax filing deadline is April 18th 2016, it is never too soon to start preparing. In an effort to expediently prepare your filing, please complete the following 3 easy steps:
- Complete the confidential Client Questionnaire & Engagement Letter,which updates your information and outlines our agreement to prepare your return,
- Schedule an appointment and,
- Provide copies of any/all of the documents listed below either electronically via email or through standard mail, or fax. Any original documents will be returned to you upon the completion of your tax return.
- Wage and income information: Forms W-2, 1099 (dividend, interest, retirement, miscellaneous, gambling winnings, etc.)
- Brokerage statements showing investment transactions for stocks, bonds, etc.
- Schedule K-1 from partnership, S corporations, estates and trusts
- Supporting documentation for mortgage interest deduction, taxes, and charitable contributions
- Copy of closing statement regarding the sale or purchase of real property or business
- Legal papers for divorce, adoption, custody of dependent children
- Copy of Social Security cards for all filers and dependents
- A copy of a voided check for direct deposit or electronic funds withdrawal (if applicable)
To comply with IRS regulations, your return is filed securely and timely through e-file.
Please download the forms you need right here:
Tax Prep Engagement Letter
Again, we are pleased you have decided to allow Beasley & Bates Accounting Services to serve your tax and accounting needs and as always, feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns at (707) 515-0TAX or (707) 554-1092.
26 Nov 2015 | No Comments | posted by admin | in Blog
Tax season is just around the corner…
And we’ve got an offer for you!
Refer a friend to Beasley & Bates and we’ll gift each of you $5 off your next tax prep fee.*
May the beauty and blessings of Thanksgiving bring warmth and peace through your home this season!
*(For personal returns only)
13 Oct 2015 | No Comments | posted by admin | in Blog
View this email in your browser
Trick or Treat! Give me something good to eat. Give me candy. Give me cake. Give me something sweet to take!
Deductions are possible for Halloween Candy
Ever wonder if you can deduct your Halloween candy? Well, if you’re a small business owner, it’s possible. You can deduct candy you give out, provided you distribute it during a business meeting or business event. Another great way to use candy as a deduction is through advertising for your company. For example, you can purchase and distribute candy with wrappers containing your business information included on them. Or, you can create and distribute Halloween goody bags that contain candy, your business card, brochure or other promotional items advertising your business. This allows you to deduct the Halloween candy you give out as an advertising expense.
What a great excuse to go out and provide treats with no tricks.